Trade Show FAQ
Get the answer by searching through our FAQ's
An experienced trade show booth company who knows the way exhibitions work in the USA can definitely save you exhibition costs. While there are many cost effective methods employed by stand fabrication companies, here are some of the basic ones:
- Saving on advance warehousing costs and show services costs: By booking all show services and transporting your booth to the show warehouse well in time, you could easily save a large chunk of show services costs. Your experienced booth design company in the USA will know this and will ensure that you save these bucks by being on time when it comes to organiser costs.
- Saving on costs of drayage: The way you package your exhibition booth and ship it to the fairground is very important. Once the package reaches the fairground, it is measured in terms of weight and volume and basis that you are charged a drayage cost for your exhibition booth. An experienced trade show exhibit company can ensure that the packaging is compact and the material is lightweight so that you can minimize the drayage costs.
- Make your exhibition booth design an amalgamation of modular structure with a customised look: When it comes to making an impact on your visitors at a tradeshow, your exhibition booth design can play a huge role. However, you might know that custom trade show exhibit designs and their fabrication costs are much higher when compared to their modular counterparts. An experienced exhibition booth design company can combine modular elements with some customised panels and structures to give you an effective solution that is unique as well as light on the pockets.
If you are an exhibitor in one of the various trade shows that are held in the USA, then you will most probably need an exhibition booth rental agency who will build your exhibition booth design for you. From over 10,000 trade show booth design companies in the USA how do you judge which one is best for your show? Here are some simple questions you must answer before you make your choice.
- Check their experience: Nothing beats experience when it comes to building booths in the USA. Experience means they understand the rules, the schedules, the structures and the possibilities when it comes to exhibit systems and how they work.
- Check their design capability: While experience is important, you definitely want your agency to make a design that stands out from the rest of the exhibitors. Checking trade show booth design capabilities and how these designs were executed in reality should be one of your key considerations when you finalise an agency.
- Check proximity from the fairground: If you are building a big booth with a complex structure it would help to select a booth setup company that is close to the fairground. It will help in case any last minute things are required, for example, some extra furniture, or suppose a glass display broke, or you need some additional prints, etc.
- Check on-site support: Many exhibition setup companies build the booth and hand it over one day before the event. Then you will never see them through the show duration. While this is ok for a small 10×10 exhibit, if you have a larger booth, you might need onsite support. We always recommend to select an agency that provides this support; so if a light is not working, or you pantry gets locked or you want a brochure stand last minute, then you don’t have to run pillar to post in between the show duration to get things working.
A typical exhibition sees over 2000 exhibitors. Any visitor to the show does not recollect the exhibition booth design of even 10% of these exhibitors! So, how can you as an exhibitor make your exhibition stand more attractive and more inviting? Here are some simple tips:
- Invest in good lighting: A well-lit booth is much more inviting than a dingy one. Subconsciously, visitors and booth staff feel more motivated and comfortable to spend time in a booth that is bright and well lit. Now-a-days LED lights ensure that your booth is well-lit, eco-friendly and also less expensive.
- Add live plants: Plants contribute greatly towards adding warmth and welcoming people into a booth. Consider adding a good flower vase at your reception and having live planters beds at your lounges. They work very well subconsciously on making people feel welcome.
- Bring your best manpower to the booth: People do not remember exhibition booth designs and even product displays, they remember how the people on a particular booth made them feel. So you should bring your best people to your trade shows. People who are pleasant to interact with, have open smiles and are genuinely interested in solving customer queries and fitting your products as solutions to the customers.
- Declutter your design and graphics: People do not like to disturb people and structures that are too busy. They feel uncomfortable. So if your booth is too busy, or too cluttered then you are shooing your visitors away. Similarly, if your graphic is saying too many things then your visitor will recollect nothing. So make your message clear and simple.
- Have a F&B service on your large trade show booth: If you have a large booth and you can spare some space, then it would do you good to invest in a hospitality counter. You can have some finger food, tea and coffee and some cold beverages with 2 people for service. This goes a large way in people spending time in your booth as well as feeling relaxed enough to have meaningful conversations with your sales team.
When people walk into your trade show booth you always look to generate business from them. However, this is easier said than done. With competing products offered by other exhibitors and tough competition on pricing, you really need to do a bit more than just focus on products, you need to focus on people. Here are a few basic tips to convert the prospects into customers.
1. Greet them well: You would agree that a smile that meets the eye and shows genuine interest in knowing a person is a memorable one. So greet your customers with genuine happiness and interest in them. Put your other thoughts and things to do aside for a while and focus on the person who has walked into your exhibition booth and how you can best help them or make a memorable interaction.
2. Listen to them: You might have heard this many times, but it’s very important, so we say it again. Don’t listen to reply, listen to understand. While someone is talking, single-mindedly listen to them, don’t simultaneously think of ways to sell your product. If you just listen properly, then you will be able to sell better.
3. Give them the information they want: Be precise when you give them information, and if you are not the correct person, then ensure that you get the correct person to them so that their query is solved on the spot.
4. Good hospitality: Always ask them if they would like some water, tea or coffee, etc (if you have a hospitality counter in your trade show booth. This would make them feel more comfortable and sharing a coffee together has proven to be a good way of starting a potential business.
5. Give them give-aways as a reminder and recall value: Invest in quirky give-aways for your exhibition booth. They serve as great reminders post show and when you follow up with your prospects, these small knick-knacks ensure that your prospects remember your brand.
6. Set the next communication and follow up date: When a person leaves your stand booth make a note of what is the best time to call them or get in touch with a follow up. This is a good way to end the interaction, with the hope of the next one. This will also make them feel that you are professional and value their time.
7. Do not force sell: Unless you sell ice-cream you don’t have a solution that is perfect for everyone. So do not force sell, see if your product is genuinely solving your customers’ query. If yes, then that’s great. If not, recommend another company who you know will fulfill their needs. This will make the customer hold you in high regard and set the foundation of friendship for a future business deal.
From thousands of trade show booths on any show floor, if a visitor has entered your booth, wouldn’t it be prudent to know what your exhibition booth staff can talk about so as to retain the visitors curiosity and maybe even convert the prospect to a customer?
1. Talk about your brand’s unique selling proposition:
A tradeshow sees many competing brands coming together to get audience attention. A good way to make a walkin curious about your product is to start by telling him/her things that are absolutely unique about your brand and how it stands vis-a-viz competition. Subconsciously, you are validating the person’s choice of selecting your booth amongst many others to walkin and make an enquiry. You are assuring that person of their choice.
2. Highlight your star product in front of your exhibition booth with more visibility:
Product demonstrations are the foundations of the trade show business in the USA. The first exhibitions happened for sellers to put out or demonstrate their wares to potential buyers. 100 years later, the booths are much more sophisticated, the demonstrations are also very different but the concept remains the same. If you want to attract people into your booth to make enquiries, have a live product demonstration close to the busy aisle of the booth. You can highlight this product by putting it on a turntable, or having focused lighting on it or even buy simply colouring its podium in a bright colour. Do not forget to support it with your best manpower who can encourage people to come and try or experience the product.
3. Talk about your brand’s quality promise:
Brand’s invest in making a good trade show booth design so that they impress their visitors. Did you know that a shoddy booth with crinkled graphics will make your visitor think that your product is also sub-par when it comes to quality? So if you have invested in creating a sophisticated and well finished exhibit display, then ensure that your people in the booth talk about the quality of your products and services and how they set your brand apart from the competition.
4. Talk about your happy customers:
Since childhood, we all love stories. Why? It’s lovely to have a peek into others lives and perspectives and it’s fun to learn a lesson via another’s experience. Talking about your happy customers will do just that for your brand. Happy customers = happy brand stories. So next time you are having a conversation in your exhibition booth with a prospective client, try to weave in a story about your happy customers.
There are 4000 companies dealing in trade show booth rentals in Las Vegas only! So, if just one city can have such an enormous option, then imagine how many such companies are there all across the USA! So, the exhibitor is always spoilt for choice when it comes to finalising a booth build agency. Here are some basic points to help you choose from the various options.
1. Define a budget for your exhibit:
For a small 10×10 exhibit to large pavilions, defining a budget is extremely important. Your budget will decide how much you should spend on exhibit rentals, product demonstrations, technology integration, team travel and stay, customer give-aways and marketing collaterals. This budget will be your guiding light when it comes to choosing between options available in the market. For arriving at the correct budget it always helps to understand how important the particular trade show is within the industry and specifically for your business.
2. Understand your product to showcase and select a structure that blends with it:
Supposing you have products to demonstrate at the booth, you should select an exhibit rental structure or display that blends perfectly with the product. The best structures for product displays are ones that get completely hidden with graphics and hence have no character of their own to add to the booth. Based on your product attributes you can select between curved and straight-lined exhibit rental options.
3. Understand rigging and location of the booth:
Rigging adds an edge to a design. It makes it look taller and hence more magnificent. From a branding perspective, it ensures distance visibility and from a production perspective it is generally used to hang lights that can light up your booth below. However, all booths are now allowed to have rigging in the USA. See if your space is eligible for rigging below:
10×10 exhibit – no rigging
10×20 exhibit – no rigging
10×30 trade show booth – rigging permissible depending on show organiser
20×20 trade show booth – rigging permissible
20×30 trade show booth – rigging permissible
30×30 trade show booth – rigging permissible
All other larger sizes – rigging permissible
So while selecting a display rental for your stand space, keep rigging in mind. Also apportion a cost of the budget for the rigging as it can be an expensive affair in the USA.
4. Understanding the kind of structures available in the market:
Once you know your budget, product and booth layout you can select from the various exhibit rental options available in the market. It could be a custom trade show exhibit that is created specifically for you, or a modular trade show booth that you can get from an exhibit rental company, or one of the portable displays available with the show organiser, or a simple trade show booth backdrop made in fabric by your local printer, or a pop up trade show booth that you can carry from show to show or even for your promotional activities!
5. Make the choice: Rent or Buy
Exhibit rental options need not always be rented! They can be bought outright from the company that makes them. Obviously the company will not give you exclusive rights to the design of the structure, but they will sell the structure to you for your use. So if you have multiple trade shows you can buy the structure and your agency can set it up for you at your various exhibitions. They might charge you a small warehousing cost, but you will save a lot of cost on the structure if you participate in 8-10 trade shows annually.
While your trade show rental structure is very important, what is even more important is the graphic that adorns this structure. It’s like the clothes that your exhibition booth is wearing and it plays a really important role in making your brand noticeable and impressive. This is how you can better your trade show graphics.
- Make them as big as possible: Use the entire breadth and height of your exhibition booth for your graphical communication. Large format graphic prints are the trend and they are here to stay. They are impressive, communicative and attractive.
- Big does not mean you need to say too much: Make your communication clear, simple and most importantly, condensed. Do not say too much, do not put your entire product list on your graphic. Instead ask the questions that the customer who would walk into your booth has, see how you can solve their problems or queries and address the graphic around that.
- Try to place your trade show graphics facing the entry of the hall: Your graphic needs to grab the eye-balls and dont think this is a function of just the design. The graphic placement is as important as the design. So decide your graphic placements carefully and keep important ones on important aisles around your exhibition booth.
- Consider making important graphics backlit: You will agree that backlit graphics are more attractive than front lit ones, may it be at trade shows or for hoardings or for office branding. So if you have the budget invest in backlit graphics for an impactful and elegant look.
- Use technology for showcasing multiple graphics: Have you observed the rolling graphics at airports, the ones that switch from one graphic to another? You can use this on your exhibition booth as well. You can also consider investing in LED panels that will allow you to showcase as many graphic panels with animations as you wish. But remember to have your communication clutter free and clear.
- If you really want to give a message – hang it on top of your booth:
Explore rigging a graphic with a simple and important message. Eg. ‘Your search for acne problems ends here’. Just bold communication rigged on top of your exhibition booth will be perfect for bringing those visitors right into your booth.
The previous question explored graphic placement, size, type, etc. This question is more about what goes inside the graphic and how to design it effectively for ensuring that it communicates with your audience.
- Keep it crisp: Your graphic must not be too much to read, or too busy. Make it clean and crisp such that it has bold text and messaging supported with the correct imagery. Cluttered graphics are a put-off for everyone.
- Font size is important: Your message should be readable from 8 feet at the least. Most people see the graphic from the aisles and that is where you should aim your communication, not to people who are already within your booth.
- Use attractive images: People love pictures, they break all language barriers and are a combination of emotion as well as intelligence. So get the perfect pictures that support your communication and brand imagery. You can do a photoshoot for getting the perfect picture or even explore the various stock images available online. Always try to use happy and optimistic images.
- Have an expert design your graphics: Graphic designing is an art and you will do well to invest in a professional artist. A novice will not do justice to your brand.
- Stay true to your brand guideline: Ensure that your graphic designer uses your brand guidelines, corporate colours and correct imagery to represent your brand in a synergistic way. Branding is a long term exercise and consistency in design is a key here.
When it comes to custom trade show exhibits it’s best to trust the experts, but with caution. You should always ask the correct questions to ensure that your company is on track with the production of your exhibit. Here are some important questions for your trade show exhibit company.
- Ask for structure specification: material, graphic material, samples, colour shades
- Graphic sizes and type
- Logo file: 3D logo file, front lit logo file, print logo file
- Display dimensions for product if any
- Seating plan and furniture catalogue
- Pantry plan with number of shelves, lockable storages, hooks, coat hangers, dustbins
- Light plan with kind of lights and power consumption
- Built-up schedule and approximate time for handover
- Dismantling schedule
- Onsite in-charge contact details.
Booth designing is an artist’s creation and is subjective in terms of what people like. However, there are some basic points you should keep in mind while creating the perfect trade show booth design that is in line with your brand and its requirements.
- Have an open and inviting structure. Not one that makes people feel closed in.
- Ensure that you have enough graphic opportunities to communicate key points about your brand.
- Ensure that you have enough space for displaying and highlighting your products in a way that people can walk around them, feel them and if possible experience them.
- Invest in good lighting so that there is no dull or dingy area in your booth. Light is very important for visitor comfort and even manpower productivity at your trade show booth.
- Have an attractive reception counter at the aisle of your booth: This will guide people to your booth and help you manage the footfalls
- If you can invest in a hospitality counter serving tea, coffee and finger foods. This area can be designed beautifully as it is a place that people will spend maximum time on.
- Plan your storage room and pantry well so that you do not have cartons or luggage bags lying around.
- Most importantly, ensure that your exhibition booth design is in line with your brand imagery and brand guidelines
Technology has permeated into all aspects of our life and changed it in such a way that we will never look back. The same applies to the impact of technology in trade shows. Today to have some amount of tech integration in your trade show booth is not an exception but an expectation. One of the most common technologies used at trade shows is the use of LED bricks to display dynamic content. Let us look at how this trend can uplift your exhibition booths experience.
- It makes your exhibition booth lively: Dynamic content means that there is something changing every minute. This change attracts the subconscious mind and makes the exhibition booth look lively!
- One AV can show a lot of information: When you compare your dynamic LED with your static graphic you know that the AV is a compilation of many graphics that can be animated. This is why we can show a lot of information via this platform. Also if you are showing products on your LED content then you can show them within their environments and even enhance them with effects.
- Non-verbal communication: One of the best parts about the LED content on your exhibition booth is that it does not need to have much text. It can be imagery based and can break language barriers. This is not true for your trade show graphics.
- Ensures distance visibility: A dynamic LED at a good height within your booth can ensure that your exhibition booth can be seen from a distance and this will attract more visitors towards your brand.
- Makes the company look in-with-the-times: Today people expect some amount of technology integration into your trade show booth design. So if you choose the correct technology to give the correct experience, your visitors will perceive you as tech-savvy and modern.
If someone would ask us what are the 2 most important things that impact visitors on a trade show booth, we would say they are quality of lighting and the kind of furniture. They are both directly related to the comfort of the visitors on your booth and hence they are very important. If you see furniture across any show floor you will notice that most of it is similar or even the same. Trade show exhibit companies prefer to stock moulded plastic furniture which is easy to stack and carry. It is easy to store as well. However, if you want to have a booth with a bit on the edge, we would recommend having different furniture.
- Deciding the quantity of furniture for your trade show booth. Quantity is a function of the space available at the booth and the number of fixed meetings to be held. For example, if you have a 10×20 trade show booth then you should not have more than 3 open discussion areas (centre table with 3 chairs around it) and 2 barstools at the information counter. Anything more would look too cluttered and would also make the visitors inside the exhibition booth feel uncomfortable.
- We have also noticed that furniture which is too cosy, like cushioned round chairs, makes the guest want to spend more time at the booth. However, if the furniture is too cosy then people tend to sit on long and take space that could be occupied by other potential customers. So always keep a balance between functional and cosy.
- We recommend that if you have a high volume of visitors and a very busy busy booth, then keep the furniture as simple as possible. In this case the moulded, stackable furniture is ideal. Also keep a couple of extra chairs in the pantry just in case you need them you can pull them out for a meeting.
- If you have a large trade show booth and you have meeting rooms with waiting areas outside them, then we would highly recommend the waiting area to have couches. Nobody likes to sit and wait on furniture that is hard or uncomfortable. It can put off your customer even before you have had the meeting with him/her. So as a rule, waiting areas should have couches and if possible coffee!
- Whatever be the kind of furniture you use – moulded, cushioned, swivel, standard, etc. ensure that you use only good quality furniture. Furniture that has torn upholstery or rusted legs or chipped glass makes visitors think that you are not quality conscious and they tend to attribute this quality with your products, services and people as well.
- Lastly, your meeting tables should have enough space for everyone to read and write as well as some extra space for putting cups of coffee and a snack. So do not go for tables with very small diameters, use medium sized tables that have adequate space for people to be comfortable and work to be functional.
Some brands exhibit once a year and that is enough for them. However, there are other that are repeat exhibitors and have a full calendar of global trade shows that they will be participating at. Each show may not have a large customized exhibition booth design, but the overall volume of the trade shows attended might be large enough to classify the company as a big spender when it comes to exhibitions, events and tradeshows.
For such companies who do multiple trade shows with booth spaces under 20×20 square feet, it is ideal to have a modular display solution that will work for all the tradeshows and can become a travelling exhibit. Here the structure remains the same, while the client has the option of changing the trade show graphics as required.
So, if you are a client who has repeat shows then you should look to book a similar space size across all your exhibitions such that the same modular structure can be used again and again. This will save you a large chunk of your exhibition booth design and fabrication cost. You can even explore buying the structure from your exhibit rental agency and they will install the structure for you at all your shows and warehouse it between shows. It is commonly observed that if you sign a contract for multiple shows with one agency then you will save 30-40% of your total cost. So next time you make a trade show calendar and contract an exhibition booth design company, consider asking them for a retainership contract for the whole year.
When you write ‘trade show exhibit rentals in Las Vegas’ in google you get over 50 options in a fraction of a second. So yes, you as the exhibitor have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to selecting an exhibit rental company that can serve you at trade shows in the USA. Here are a few points that can guide your choice.
- Know your budget: If you are a company that has limited budgets for tradeshows then you know you have to work with a mid-level stand design agency who can deliver within your budget and add value to your brand. If you have a large budget, then you can contract with one of the best trade show booth companies who are known for their path-breaking ideas when it comes to exhibition booth designing.
- Big Agency v/s Local agency: While most clients go in for a tried and tested agency for their 1st exhibition participations, we have realised that over time they switch to local agencies who understand them well. The primary reason for this is that big companies that do over 300 exhibition booths every month do not give importance to each exhibitor and do not give good deals either. They play by volumes and many-a-times the personal touch is lost. So if you are a client who needs personal attention, on-site support and a stand design company that is invested in your exhibition booth design, then maybe a local agency with a mid-sized setup would work best for you.
- Study the company’s website, particularly their portfolio and design capabilities. With over 60% of businesses happening online in the USA, websites play a very important role in giving information about your exhibit rental company. Today all the key players in the exhibitions industry have a website that they believe does justice to their brand and its service. A secondary research will help you shortlist from the many options of trade show display rental companies available in your area.
- Once you have shortlisted a few agencies via online search, we would highly recommend that you talk to an expert within the companies to get an understanding of their service, ease of communication, methods and delivery. Make your notes about the various companies and then you can make an informed decision that you will not regret.
When you make a customized exhibition booth in the USA as compared to a simpler modular exhibit rental option, you know that you will have to invest a lot of time and money to ensure that it comes out exactly the way you want it to. Here are some checkpoints you can put in place to ensure that you get the best quality execution from your custom trade show booth manufacturer.
- Get involved in the project from the day you give the correct brief. Not when the production starts. The correct brief will ensure you get the correct design and the correct design will lead to proper manufacturing. So get involved from day 1.
- Work as a team with your exhibition booth design company. If you work as a team you will get the best results and magic will happen. If you work as a boss then you will get exactly what you want and not much in terms of inputs or extra efforts from the design company.
- Give approvals on time. When it comes to customized exhibition booths time plays a huge role in ensuring good finishing of the booth. So do not delay when it comes to giving approvals because your approval sets the ball rolling in terms of production.
- Give your trade show booth graphics on time and in the required resolutions. This is a point at which even seasoned exhibitors cause delays. Getting graphics on time is very important to your stand fabricators production schedule. It will do you good to ensure that the graphics are received on time and in the correct resolution. That way the exhibition booth design company will have enough time to check, test and print them and even make colour corrections if required.
- Leave the technical fabrication details to the booth setup company. When it comes to your brand you are expert and have the last say, similarly, when it comes to your exhibition booth setup the production team with their expertise should have the last say and it would so you well to leave the technicalities of realising the exhibition booth design to them.
- Refrain from giving last minute changes: Last minute changes, or worse onsite changes can upset the entire production schedule and affect your exhibition booth adversely. If you need approvals from management or other important stakeholders then take them in advance and do not encourage any last minute changes.
- Release payments as per a pre-decided schedule: You pay the booth design company to make your own booth. With the money that you give they buy materials, labour, machine time and factory time for producing your booth. If payments are delayed they might not get enough time to get the best material or even the best people onto your booth fabrication. So ensure that you release payments on time so that there are no last minute stresses.
- When you are onsite let the installation team work as per the schedule and do not keep questioning them or stressessing them unless something is amiss. The onsite team would be pre-occupied during the built up and would not be able to give you attention during that time due to their tight schedule, so it’s best to let them work and share your queries or concerns only with the production supervisor or client servicing executive handling your booth.
- Do not pressurise the onsite team to work faster. If they are on schedule as promised to you then do not panic because other booths look like they are ready earlier. The booth setup company will ensure that your booth is delivered in a timely manner and if you push them it can hamper the overall finish of your exhibition booth.
A customized exhibition booth takes time to fabricate, install and finish. So once you have trusted an exhibition booth design company with your booth then give them their space and liberty to realise this design for you.
If you are a first time exhibitor then you might be quite clueless about how much a good exhibit rental structure can cost. To help exhibitors like you get a ballpark idea of your trade show exhibit cost we have made an easy and accurate cost calculator. Please visit our exhibit rentals home page and click on calculate the cost of your booth rental.
Or visit the link below and select ‘calculate the cost of my exhibit’:
Here are some very simple points that ensure that you put up a good trade show booth.
- Choose a reputed and experienced trade show booth builder for your stand
- Get everything very clear at the 3d rendering stage only so that there are no false expectations or expectation mismatches.
- Give payments on time and as per the payment schedule mutually agreed by you and your stand contractor.
- See the mock-up pictures of the exhibit booth rental
- Ask for sample prints if required
- Give enough production time to your trade show booth rental company
- In case of product display give the correct dimensions to your exhibition stand fabricator
- Make a checklist of all important things you want at your booth, from small things like dustbins and flowers to the essentials like graphics, lights, furniture, etc
- Order show services like rigging, electricity, labour on time
- Check all audio visual content 1 day before the show starts
- Order professional booth cleaning on the 1st day of the show
- Be on time for handover and the 1st day of the show
If your booth is larger than 300sqft, there is a high probability that rigging is permissible for your exhibition booth design. As an experienced booth setup company we would highly recommend rigging for your booth.
- Rigging is most important in any booth design because your visitors can locate you from far. It also gives your booth a larger and more magnificent look.
- Rigging should have all 4 side branding so that from any side a potential visitor can see you.
- Your rigging should not be very high or very low. If it is too high there will be a disconnect from the base structure, if it is too low then your booth will feel stunted and people will feel uncomfortable with something right over their head.
- Your rigging size should be in proportion to your booth size. USA has standard rigging sizes and they work very well when it comes to standard booth sizes. However, you always have the option of customising your rigging to make it look different from the rest.
- If your brand permits then make the color of the rigging bright and attractive.
- Do not write too much text on the rigging, otherwise it will not be readable from far and you will lose the purpose of investing in rigging.
- If possible try to have light focused on the rigging. This will enhance its look even more and attract more eyeballs. You can also consider having a backlit rigging. It will be attractive and also light the booth below.
In the USA, unlike the rest of the world, the trade show grounds are so well lit that many exhibitors do not opt for additional booth lighting. However, if you have an outdoor booth or an important graphic to highlight or if you are making meeting rooms then in most probability you will need booth lighting.
Meeting room lighting: Lighting makes meeting rooms very warm, so ensure that you use only LED lighting inside the meeting rooms. Also make the meeting room lighting white and not yellow or warm.
Lighting of product displays: It is important to light your product displays very well. You can use LED strip lights, focus spot lights or even larger downlights to ensure that your products get the attention it deserves.
Lights for front lit graphics: If you decide to use arm light to make your trade show graphics look better then use only long-arm arm lights. They will ensure that you have equal throw and make the lighting on the graphic uniform.
When your exhibition starts you do not want to run helter skelter for small items that are missing on your stand booth. Here is a list of essential pantry items that you can arrange for before the show: water (either small bottles or water dispenser with disposable glasses, tissue papers, dustbin with dustbin bags, phone charger, adapter, toffies and biscuits, tea and coffee, paper plates, spoons, cleaning equipments like glass cleaner and dusting cloth, a small tool box and adhesive, glue or tape for quick fixes.
When you look for a professional solution in any sphere of life or business then you always look for an expert. It is the same when it comes to your exhibition booth design and setup.
- Custom trade show booth manufacturing companies bring their experience on the table and that plays a big role in realising a 3d design in reality on the show floor.
- While you might be a seasoned exhibitor doing 20 trade shows annually, your booth setup companies might be building the same amount of booths in a month. So, they understand fairground rules and regulations very well.
- Your custom trade show company can also assist you when you have to select the correct location for your booth. They can help you with this when you buy exhibition booth space from the organiser.
- Your experienced stand fabrication agency can also help you with additional services like manpower, catering and florals logistics
- Your custom trade show company will help you with all organisers formalities like advance warehousing, logistics, manpower, electricity and rigging ordering.
- Their know how can save you up to 30% cost and their advice can also help you avoid penalties for not following rules
- A good agency will ensure that they provide you with multiple options within your budget.
- They will also ensure that you have on-site support for last minute issues
- Your tradeshow marketing company can help you decide on the correct give-aways for your exhibition booth visitors. Tip: The gift you give reflects the value of your company and it’s better not to give a gift than giving a bad quality product.
From a small 10×10 exhibit to a large 20×20 exhibit you invest a lot of money when it comes to tradeshows. So it’s best that you get the maximum ROI in terms of money as well as brand presence and visitor influence.
- Start with hiring the correct stand fabrication agency
- Select one of the exhibit rentals options they have or get a custom design developed
- Be honest with the agency and give them the information they need well in time
- Make a checklist of all the important points in terms of show services, graphics deadline and production schedule. Ensure that you and the agency follow the checklist to the T
- Be there 1 day before the show starts to check that everything is in place
- Take photos of other exhibition booths that you liked at the tradeshow and share it with your agency for future reference.
Double decker booths give you a lot more space and are status symbols, but at the same time they also attract lots of issues. So when you decide to make a double deck trade show booth then you need to be careful and employ an exhibition booth agency who has experience and expertise in building such structures.
- Organiser approvals: Many-a-times the show organiser shall demand that the structural drawing of your booth be approved by an engineer who does static calculations and stability analysis.
- Designing and Branding: In terms of designing you should always use the facade of the upper deck for branding and distance visibility.
- Booth Management: You should decide who from your company will use the upper deck and for what purpose. Only important people or meetings should be conducted there. Many companies also place security guards on the ground floor to take care of guest movement.
- Influence on base structure: It is most important to take care of ventilation of the ground floor as the structure below the double deck booth can become hot and claustrophobic. Also, the flooring of the upper deck should not disturb the meetings below.
- Safety and Precautions: You should ensure that you have hand railings on the stairways and a safety rail on the upper floor. Also the lights on the upper floor should not be too close to people on the booth.
- Most important points: You need to have a clear and visible evacuation plan and fire plan placed on your double deck trade show booth along with the maximum capacity of the upper deck mentioned in large font and bold letters.
When most people look for custom trade show booth companies they focus on the ones that are geographically close to them. This is so that they can meet them in person and even supervise the production of their customized trade show booth design. So how can you find the best company that is close to you.
- Do a primary google search. Google is the best friend you have to know about the list of companies that are close to you and provide the services that you are looking for
- Always trust exhibitrentals.com for all USA services
- We have experienced team of professionals who believe in a “brand first, human first” approach rather than a merely transactional one
- We truly work for our passion and keep the mullah as a byproduct that runs the company
- We are a global agency that has the experience of working with top brands from the USA, Europe and even Asia
- We have offices in the USA, Europe and Asia
- We believe in digital engagements and technology integration and we are an expert in this
- To know more about us and our group companies please click on the link below: https://exhibitrentals.com/about-us/